Monday, February 14, 2005

Unconditional Affection

This is Mysore I feel so emotionaly attached to this place . For the first time i am getting a good impression about this place . This place has the glowry of the Royal rule and the blends of Muslim Empire and british empire is still visible there It seems british have not tried to loot this place coz the palace seems to be really pampered by them and moulded to suit their lifestyle more than british style the more visile is the mughal ones Wide roads beutifully carved Buildings. Mysore has not lost its culture it seems and this place is not as pseudo as Bangalore i didn't see any pubs or papparzees in the first sight.

I went to mysore for an officical purporse The most interesting thing was after i visited Mysore diary . After my visit to diary i wanted to stay back for one more day so i wanted to go my friends place which is in a place called VIjayanagara and the time was around 7.30 and it was already very dark so i asked the official over there where is this place and how to reach there. When he was telling me the way one old man interupted my talks and told the officer that he is also going to the same place and he can help me out if i want .So officer told me that will be better coz it was already late and its hard to find the place alone. I started walking with him towards the Bus stop suddenly i got the feel of knowing him for years. I was sure i knew him for years.We got into the bus it was crowded but we reached the bus stand in some 20 min and there we were waiting for the next bus and every now and then i was askin him when will the bus come...or i will take an auto the same way i used to pester my mom ,he said its not a good idea as its not safe .

Then we boarded the second bus and on the way he was explainging the whole area to me like a guide and what i still wonder is how did i understand the whole thing coz i didn't know kannada and he was speakin to me in kannada and at times in bits and pieces of Hindi. But by the time he got down i asked his name and he told me exactly where to get down then i travelled for some more time and i was not concentrating on the road and the landmarks he had told me . Suddenly the conductor told me tat it was the stop and i asked him what ? He told me tat don't worry "YOUR GRANDPA TOLD ME TO DROP YOU HERE" i really got the feel of my grandpa , his white beard stinking on my face the same feel i used to get 19Yrs back...and lost... lost for ever...

No comments: